Monday, August 10, 2009

More Seven-Eleven Feedback

Well, it turns out most people seem to like Seven-Eleven Porter. It was discovered at poker last week that it is actually quite good when mixed with Blackacre Butte #2. I think for the future that if I pared back some of the darker malts a little bit I could get a less oppressive, but still good, flavor out of the Seven-Eleven; it also needs to be a little bit more hops to counteract some of those roasty flavors.

I want to try to bottle Foam Dome today or tomorrow so that it will be ready sometime during lake week. Space will be at a premium, but I want to try to get, say, 4 bottles each of #2, #3 and #4 to have a side-by-side-by-side comparison.

I didn't get to brew this weekend, but I have been thinking about my next project and I think I want to do a witbier -- and maybe, if I'm feeling like it, rack it onto a few pounds of cherries in the secondary. Could be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment