Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Brewing Plans

Last night I kegged up #28, Employment Singel. It has come out pretty biscuity and with almost no Belgian character, which has me a little worried because I used its yeast for Thanksgiving Tripel. I guess we'll just have to see, though.

So, I recently got a big order of hops in, so I have set out a big plan to make a bunch of IPAs in the coming weeks. I also want to use up hops I opened a long time ago (easily identifiable on my new hop inventory chart), so I'm going to start with a Mulligan IPA and then move on to a bunch of single-hop IPAs in the vein of Nugget or EKG IPA. I am suffering from a bit of a dearth of session-type beers right now, so it is just as well.

Next on the list, however, is a Baltic porter, since I have that cake of 2112 California Lager yeast to use. After that, though, it will be IPAs until the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment