Saturday, May 14, 2011

Saturday Kegging

I kegged up Blackacre Butte #3 and Hail to the Spring today. The third iteration of Blackacre Butte tastes basically exactly the same as I remembered the second one tasting, despite some minor differences in gravity. Frankly, I think I need to move on to some other porter recipes; I'm glad I did this one again, but it has got some flaws that I would love to try to correct.

Hail to the Spring is a pretty bright little pale ale which I think will be a lot better once it is carbonated up. It's not bad, but it has got some interesting flavors in it and I'm looking forward to see how it develops.

I checked on Château Saison, which has been fermenting out of sight in a closet (to prevent too much ill effect from sunlight). It has a really bizarre pattern of floating material covering the surface, which I'm assuming is some fungal thing. It looks weird, but I'm sure the underlying beer is fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment