Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Keg Wagon

Yesterday I picked up a kegging system from my buddy Cole. Two 5-gallon Cornelius kegs, CO2 tank, regulator and various hoses and taps. I'm looking forward to kegging The Elder and Brevity Wit #2 sometime this weekend. The CO2 tank is about 60% full so I should be able to get a few keggings out of it.

Now all I need is a way to refrigerate these kegs. For the time being I will probably tap them and pour into a growler when I want some and then refrigerate that. I may also end up brewing more now that the hassle of bottling has been removed, so I will probably need to acquire more Corny kegs. Ah, the slippery slope of hobbies.

2 comments:

  1. well, you could always buy a keg fridge, for your "someday" bar....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose I should start looking on Craigslist. What I really want is a chest freezer which has been modified with a new thermostat so that it only hits refrigerator temperatures.

    ReplyDelete