Friday, July 2, 2010

Exciting Times Ahead!

Today, I picked up 4.5 lbs of sweet, fresh (i.e., in season; i.e., cheap) Bing cherries which I intend to use in brewing a fruited version of Brevity Wit. I'm not sure exactly how many cherries I'll use, but I have a feeling I'm just going to throw them all in. I've put them straight into the freezer; ideally, the freezing process will break some of the cell walls so that the juices will be released when I add them to the secondary. Also, this means I don't need to make Brevity Wit #3 right away; I can take my time. I'm thinking of calling it Cherry Brevity. My originality is palpable.

Tomorrow I'll be brewing up my first Russian Imperial Stout in the morning and having a barbecue in the afternoon wherein I'll serve Backbreaker Wee Heavy for the first time. I'm sort of considering sampling it tonight to see if it is ready, but it's not chilled or anything. If it's not ready, I still have 6 other kegs of homebrew ready for service.

No comments:

Post a Comment