Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A Freezer Odyssey

Through the generosity of Emily's grandparents, I now have a used chest freezer (generously transported from Tacoma by my mother-in-law) which I will be converting into a kegerator for my homebrew. It is kind of manky inside and will require some cleanup, but I am told it is otherwise functional.

The most important thing about this is that I will soon be able to properly carbonate my kegs of homebrew, which in turn means that I will be able to bottle and growlerize homebrew without it going flat. I look forward to being able to share my brew once again with friends and family. Really, isn't that what this is all about?

Oh, also, a Cherry Brevity update: all the cherries have floated to the top of the carboy and the liquor is starting to develop a rusty red hue. Capital!

No comments:

Post a Comment