Monday, September 13, 2010

Slow Month

September has been pretty slow, brewing-wise. I was able to eke out some time yesterday, however, to handle a few brewhouse tasks.

First, I kegged Pyatiletka Stout and Nugget IPA. I ended up leaving Nugget in the secondary on its dry hops for two weeks, and it has come out pretty interesting. Although the sample I had was flat, it shows some promise: hop aroma is funky and citrusy, and it's got a big hit of bitterness backing it up. It finished at 5.8%, and Pyatiletka clocks in at 8.1%, which, although lower than I had planned, still ain't bad.

Second, I racked Cherry Brevity onto its cherries. I ended up with 4lb 2oz of de-stemmed but not de-pitted cherries which I threw into the secondary before racking. The cherries are sweet red cherries which I bought in season and then froze for a couple of months. As of this morning, most of the cherries are still at the bottom of the carboy but some have floated to the top. Should be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment