Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Big Keggin' Night

Tonight I kegged batches 44, 45 and 46. A synopsis:

44 is my Saison which attenuated rather dramatically: a final gravity of 1.000! The 3711 French Saison is evidently a beast of a yeast. 7.2% ABV, and it is quite light and smooth.

45 is my almost-imperial IPA made with truckloads of hops. Dry hopping helped this guy out, I think, even though I only used about an ounce of hops. This keg is going with me to Rush at the Gorge next weekend, so I'm trying to carb it up quick.

46 is the Vienna Hefeweizen from the week before last. 9 days is a pretty short time to ferment, but it was a relatively small beer and fermentation was over pretty much in two or three days. Tasting it now it is not too sweet nor too dry, but it, at least now, doesn't seem like my best Hefe.

No comments:

Post a Comment