Thursday, June 4, 2009

An Odyssey Begins...

I've been batting around the idea of doing some homebrew for awhile now. A couple good friends of mine have made some really great beers in their kitchens and I admit I am kind of jealous. I have been a lover of good beers (and even not-so-good ones) for a long time now, so I think I am primed to take the plunge into crafting my own.

My main goal is to put together a really good porter that I can have on hand at all times; I want to start with a couple of basic recipes and then branch out into experimentation. My plan is to blog the whole process for my own edification so that I can see what I've done and decide where I'm going. I am very much looking forward to the point where I am putting together arcane formulae over my steaming cauldron of wort, worrying over a quarter ounce of this malt or a dash of those hops. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment