Friday, April 2, 2010

Brew Prep

So, last night I did some brew prep which involved a few things:

1. Growlerized the remaining little bit of Brevity Wit #2 so that I could empty the keg. Had about 7 pints left.
2. Kegged #16, Helmut Kölsch. This actually tasted much better at kegging than it did when I racked to the secondary; I think it had time to blow some of the skunk off or something. This finished at 1.004, or about 4.1% ABV. A nice light brew.
3. Racked Red Nose Amber to secondary. This beer does not look very amber at all, so when I keg and taste it I might have to re-classify it as a pale ale. The gravity reading at racking was 1.001; I guess this is what happens when you add even a little white sugar to a low-gravity brew -- mega attenuation.
4. Harvested the yeast cake from Red Nose so that I can use it tomorrow for brew #20, a stout.

I'm going to my LHBS this evening to pick up my grain for tomorrow. I'm going to inspect it after milling and then have the store employees inspect it and have them re-adjust their grain mill if necessary. I simply must nip this efficiency problem in the bud.

No comments:

Post a Comment