Saturday, January 29, 2011

Kegerator is Done! (Mostly...)

Well, 9.5 hours and 5 trips out of the house later, and my kegerator is all but done. This morning I aquired the requisite lumber, nails and drill bits, and with the help of a borrowed drill from my mom I was able to finish the construction portion of the project.

I also bought 5 tap/shank assemblies from my LHBS (though had to return later because the hose barbs I initially got were 1/4" rather than 3/16"). The only thing they were short on were the plastic screw-on tap handles; they only had one, so only 2 of my 6 taps actually have presentable handles. Still, that's a minor, minor thing.

This is definitely the hardest I've worked on a Saturday outside of doing a film project. I feel accomplished, but supremely exhausted. A toast to homebrewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment