Monday, April 2, 2012

Forever and Ever!

Today I finally got around to kegging my last three batches of beer, brewed in late December and early January. I have been extremely lazy these last few months when it comes to my beer hobby.

They all ended up pretty interesting, and I think they were all successful experiments if not necessarily successful beers.

Snowstorm Mild: smooth with a light malty taste and just enough hops to be interesting. Finish is a bit watery, I'm betting because of a lack of any minerals in the brewing water.

Viena Mexicana: lighter in color than I wanted, but a pretty convincing Mexican-style Vienna lager. I'm quite happy with it.

Lynnwooder Gose: enticing wheaty/coriander aroma with a good flavor, but it's a bit too salty. I should have used maybe 50-60% as much salt as I actually did.

2 comments: