Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Much Better

I racked Blackacre Butte #2 two days ago and things are much more promising than #1. The smell and taste were quite good, much fuller than #1 and, more importantly, the alcohol percentage came out to a much more reasonable 5.6% (OG 1.050; FG 1.008).

I went to my LHBS and picked up grain, yeast and hops for #3 but did not end up brewing it after all, as I forgot to get a second airlock (the secondary for #2 is using my only one right now). Since brewing takes 5 or 6 hours, I may just wait until the weekend before I brew again. D'oh. Actually, I'll probably just bottle #2 this weekend and get a second airlock the next time I go get ingredients. At some point I want to have a couple batches going at all times; that will be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment