Thursday, July 2, 2009

Some Results

I have tasted Blackacre Butte #1, and all in all am quite satisfied with the results. Others who have tasted it have said it wasn't too bad either. The flavor is good, but it does seem a tiny bit watered-down, which is about what I expected.

One thing I did not expect was the level of carbonation the beer attained. My guess on this is that since there was less total beer than normal, I may have used a bit more bottling sugar than necessary. I'll follow the same recipe again for #2, and we'll see if the carbonation is equally berzerk.

I'm thinking I'll rack Blackacre Butte #2 tomorrow and brew up experimental porter #3 on Saturday. I haven't bought the ingredients yet, but I think I am going to go a lot heavier on the darker specialty malts and then mash at a slightly higher temperature to get a fuller body; say, 156°.

No comments:

Post a Comment