Saturday, October 3, 2009

Finally

So, today I finally bottled Brevity Wit and racked Djibouti Smoked Porter to the secondary. I put it off last weekend so it really needed to be done; luckily, I think the extra time helped out.

Brevity Wit: I got 26 full bombers out of the batch. Final gravity was 1.004, which means I hit a preposterous 90% attenuation rate and a rough ABV of 4.7% ... not bad for a wit. Also, it doesn't taste half bad. I primed with 120g of corn sugar, about 20% more than usual, to see if I can get a nice creamy texture out of it. Or all the bottles will explode; one or the other.

Djibouti Smoked Porter: gravity read 1.008 when I racked it, so my attenuation at this point is about 83%; not bad at all. It tastes ... interesting. Emily says it would make great barbecue sauce. I look forward to bottling it next weekend and drinking it a few weeks hence.

No comments:

Post a Comment