Saturday, October 17, 2009

Yowza!

This morning I bottled Djibouti Smoked Porter. I got 24 bottles in total. It finished at a gravity of 1.008, unchanged from when I racked it two weeks ago; this makes it a nice solid 5% beer. The sample I tasted was really rather good, so I am optimistic in how it will be in a couple of weeks. I primed with 100g of corn sugar; hopefully it will carbonate as successfully as the Brevity Wit did. I don't want another Mulligan on my hands.

I also racked Procrastination Porter from the primary to the secondary. I took a gravity reading for giggles, and was astonished to find it had dropped to about 1.009. That's 86% attenuation already, bringing it to about 7.2% ABV. Yowza! I sincerely doubt that I'll get any more attenuation in the secondary, but dang, at 7.2% I hardly need to. The icing on the cake: it tastes pretty damn good, too! It's amazing how experience yields progressively better results.

No comments:

Post a Comment