Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Rackin' Good Time!

Tonight I performed a number of brewing tasks which pretty much wore me out.
  • Bottled Procrastination Oatmeal Porter. I got 26 full bottles and the final gravity was 1.010 (.001 higher than my racking reading, proving once again the imprecision of the hydrometer as a scientific instrument), giving it an ABV of about 7.1%. It is a little hot and estery at this time, so hopefully it mellows out in the bottle.

  • Racked Blackacre IPA. Its racking gravity reading was 1.006, making it a tentative 6% ABV ... perfect for an IPA. Its color is light orange and its flavor is bitter, grapefruity and herby. It might be my best beer yet.

  • Made a starter for this weekend's brewing session. I'm making a big tripel, so a starter will be indispensable.

Now it is time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment